https://pixabay.com/en/model-sun-summer-city-girl-1284709/ Having the right amount of oxygen in your body for optimal blood circulation is an extremely important part of the human body. It allows the body to function as healthy as possible. The role of red blood cells in the human body is to deliver oxygen to organs, which gives humans energy.
As mentioned on Livestrong.com, if everything within the human body is working correctly, blood flow is running smoothly and adequately. If you are suffering from a particular disease or ailment, however, the circulatory system becomes affected, which will cause a decrease in blood flow. There are many diseases and conditions that negatively affect blood flow and oxygen supply, according to MayoClinic.com. One of the worst of all of these is the finding of a blood clot within the body. Blood clots reduce the flow of blood and oxygen throughout the entire body, or can stop it completely.
They can cause problems such as stroke and arterial damage. This article will describe 5 of the top benefits to getting more oxygen in your body.
1. Optimizes Healthy Brain Function When a person has certain traumatic conditions happen to them, such as being in a coma, blood which normally flows to the brain, stops. This can also happen if there has been severe head trauma or brain damage. Because of the lack of blood flow, there is no oxygen supply to the brain. This is why it is of vital importance to have coma patients receive a constant supply of oxygen from a machine. Oxygen, on a normal basis, helps keep the brain healthy and able to perform well.
2. It Definitely Affects The Heart If blood flow to the brain is somehow disrupted or altered, then the brain will not receive the correct amount of oxygen. This affects the heart by forcing it to pump harder in order to ensure that the brain is receiving enough oxygen. This, of course, can cause heart attacks. But, if the brain is getting the right amount of oxygen and is functioning properly, heart attacks and strokes become a lot less likely to occur.
3. It Helps To Repair Damaged Cell Tissue Luckily, and thanks to oxygen, cells are able to regenerate and repair any damage they receive. Having an increase in oxygen, such as from oxygen therapy, a bigger supply of oxygen will be delivered throughout the body and will speed up the process of cellular regeneration. Thus, overall healing of the body will greatly improve.
4. It Is Great For Healthier Sleeping Patterns Each night as you go to sleep, your brain actually has the opportunity to “detoxify” and do some “tune-up” work. If you have a good night’s sleep, you will wake up feeling more alert and refreshed, and you will be able to function with more energy throughout the day. Decision making becomes much easier, and keeping a clear and open mind is more possible with an increase of oxygen. It also promotes good mood, better focus, and better memory.
5. It Helps To Improve The Immune System When the immune system is compromised or lowered, the risk for infection and viruses greatly increases. If some cells within the body are weakened, it can create a compromised immune system. Cellular regeneration will start working better if there is an increase of healthy oxygen throughout the body. If there is enough oxygen, cells will function properly, and the immune system improves vastly as a direct result. Now, you may be wondering, “how can I increase the amount of oxygen within my body?”. Thankfully, there are many, many things you can do to increase oxygen flow and maintain a healthier circulatory system, altogether. With a little bit of planning, and willingness to change around your lifestyle, it becomes easier to maintain healthier circulation. According to OxygenHealthSystems.com there are certain vitamins and supplements that directly affect our oxygen intake. Eat Healthier, Or Even Try A Diet! Having high cholesterol in your diet will start to coat the walls of the arteries with plaque. If this builds up to a certain point, it will cut off blood flow, resulting in a stroke or heart attack.
Foods high in saturated fats tend to increase cholesterol levels. Eating more fiber, such as bran or oatmeal, can absorb cholesterol prior to reaching the blood stream. Omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids, such as fish and nuts, will help to clean the walls of arteries. Hypertension (high blood pressure) can negatively impact circulatory flow by making the arterial walls narrower. Taking potassium supplements, an every day vitamin supplement, and cutting back on salt will help with hypertension, or possibly prevent it from happening at all. Exercise, Exercise, Exercise! Exercise will help you lose weight, lower anxiety and stress levels, and make the heart stronger. Exercise will greatly improve blood flow and circulation. When beginning to exercise, be sure to start off at a slow pace, and then increase the activity by gradual amounts. Just an hour of a good cardiovascular exercise per week will start to show off amazing results. Yoga is also recommended, because it focuses on teaching healthy breathing techniques. However, before you jump and plan out an exercise regimen, talk with your doctor and make sure that it is the right and healthy choice for you. Herbs Work Wonders Herbs, such as ginseng, are considered to be stimulants to the cardiovascular system, and promote healthy heart function. Overall energy levels are usually increased by taking herbal supplements.
It is worth noting that ephedra and guarana, which are stimulants, are NOT recommended, due to the dangerous risk of quickly increasing blood pressure and heart rate. Once again, make sure to always consult with your doctor before taking any type of herbal supplement. It should now be apparent that healthy oxygen flow and circulation are vital components of the body. It determines whether or not the body is working properly. A few simple lifestyle changes can make a world of difference here.